GROUP-JOINING SAFARIS: WHAT IS THIS ?
- GROUP JOINING have increasingly become popular these days. It is a type of safari wherein a traveler or group of travelers join other like-minded adventurers on a safari. This is an ideal way to cut down on costs as travelers in the group share the expenses on fuel, guides, etc. and at the same time share the experience with new friends. Besides, the wild animals couldn’t possibly care about how much you paid for your safari, right? So whether you are on a private tour or on a group-joining tour, the animals will do their thing — cheetahs will run about in amazing speed, hyenas will chase after zebras and wildebeests, lions will pry over their stalked prey, giraffes will browse the trees, chimpanzees will swing amongst tree branches and Nile crocodiles will attack hooves without reservation! So basically, a group-joining safari is perfect if…
- Significantly cutting down costs is important to you
- Meeting new people amplifies your experience
- Sharing window seats is fine with you
- You still get to enjoy the parks and attractions you want to but you’re okay with not having total control of the time and itinerary
HOW TO JOIN
There are many ways to join a group safari. The safest way is to book with a reputable tour operator, particularly one that’s local. Other options to gather your brood of adventurers include:
- Arranging a group with other travelers via forums like TripAdvisor, Lonely Planet or Thorntree, Fodors, etc.
- Checking blogs that seek for travel buddies
- Being spontaneous enough to just go to your country of destination and book with the soundest person to offer such services. You see, a lot of people outside the airport offer these. But, you have to be wary because some of them are middlemen who will top up a certain fee.
- Going to travel offices in your country if destination as soon as you get there. This is another way of being spontaneous, and frankly safer than the abovementioned.
- Non-private vehicle: Everyone in your group will be riding the same safari vehicle for your game drives. 4WD TOYOTA LAND CRUSER OR VAN, depending on your operator. A van carries more people in so bigger groups usually use this, while 4WD caters to 4 to 8 people, more or less.
- Less flexibility: A safari day typically lasts for about 9-11 hours including pick-up and drop-off and game drive. Since you belong in a group and the group has already come up with a plan, itineraries are fixed meaning if there is a place you are interested in spending longer hours at, this may not happen because the tour is for everyone. Pee breaks and meal times are also scheduled.
- New friends: You will be able to meet a lot of new people during your journey and you will be able to share your epic safari experience with them. Possibly from diverse backgrounds, prepare to learn more not only about the wilderness but also about each other!
- Window seat not guaranteed: Window seat cannot be expected with group-joining safaris. Usually, what happens is that you will take turns with some of your travel mates so each gets window seat privileges, which is perfect for game viewing and photographing.
- Different accommodations are possible: Staying in the same lodge or camp is not mandatory. Flexibility is given to travelers so they can tailor their experience according to their travel style and budget. You may stay in a lodge and others may stay in a tent but every day, there will be a designated pick-up and drop-off points.
- Time is not under your control: Not everyone in the group will be staying in the same camp/lodge and so, delays may be experienced. Cross your fingers that all travelers will be considerate enough of the time.
- Huge markdown: As a general rule, the more people you are on a tour, the cheaper the price. This is because you share expenses like fuel, vehicle and guide/driver fees.
Group-joining safaris have been increasingly becoming on demand. Countries like offer these types of budget tours, but if you’re looking into exploring the iconic fields of Tanzania on a budget, you may want to check on our Wildlife Safaris Tours to view the schedule, itinerary, etc.!
Joining safari mid range
Validity: ALL YEAR AROUND
Day 1: Will meet you upon arrival in Kilimanjaro Airport (Need flight details), drive to out post for dinner and overnight stay.
Meal plan B,B
Approx transit time: 50 min
Day 2: Pick you up from the hotel at 8:00 am and drive to Tarangire NP where you will begin your game viewing in the park including a picnic lunch. After lunch proceeds with an afternoon game drive to enjoy the landscape, huge herds of Elephant and many species of animals and birds as well. Baobab trees it is so famous one, end of the day transfer for dinner and overnight at Sangaiwe safari lodge
Meal Plan: (B, L, D)
Approx transit time: 1½ hrs
Day3 After breakfast, drive to Lake Manyara NP, spending the rest of the day game viewing in the park to enjoy the lush jungle like ground water forests filled with baboons, blue monkeys and tree climbing lions is so famous one. End of the day will eat dinner and overnight at Eileens Tree in www.eileenstreein.com
Meal Plan: (B, L, D)
Approx transit time: 1 h
Day 4: After breakfast, depart for Serengeti NP with a game drive en route with a picnic boxes and (an optional stop at Olduvai Gorge and/or a Maasai Village on the way). Following the late afternoon game drive, you will eat dinner and overnight at Serengeti Heritage Tented Camp
Meal Plan: (B, L, D)
Approx transit time: 4hrswww.serengetiheritagecamps.com
Days 5: SUNRISE HOT AIR BALOON SAFARI , BUSH BREAKFAST AFTER LANDING there after continual with game viewing in Western Serengeti to see the big herd of wild beast Migration crossing the Grummet River with morning and afternoon game-drives, On this day, you may wish to take a picnic lunch and go for the whole day according to game locations OR return for a hot lunch and go out again.
to see the great herds of buffalos, elephants, giraffes, lions, leopards, all three African jackal species found here etc. end of the day back to the camp for overnight once more
Day 6: After an early breakfast, you will drive from your lodge towards Ngorongoro Conservation Area with game drive enroot with Lunch Box where you will descend into the Crater for a crater tour and game viewing. You will have some time to view the hippos at a picnic site. Ngorongoro is the only unbroken caldera home for almost 30,000 animals including the last remaining Black Rhino and flamingos on the Soda lake.
All the “BIG FIVE”; Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Buffalo and Elephant could be spotted in this caldera. Picnic lunches will be served at the hippo pool site.
End of the day drives to Sunrise lodge for dinner and overnight.
Meal Plan: (B, L,D)Approx transit time: 3 hrs
Day 7: After a lovely and warm breakfast, you will depart your lodge and head towards
Kilimanjaro and drop off at JRO OR TO YOUR HOTEL on time to catch up your flight HOME .Transit time 4hrs
END OF ADVENTURE
End of Service
Quotation per above
Out post x1, sangaiwe lodge x1 night Eileens tree in x1, Heritage x2 , SUNRISE x1 night:
6-7 PAX in vehicle window seat: Per person sharing in a double room (Suite) Per Day….$380
Includes: All park entry fees, full board accommodation fees, transport in a 4WD Toyota Land Cruisers with pop-up roof ideal for game viewing and sightseeing, services of fully qualified English speaking driver-guide, meals as per itinerary, un limited mineral water every day during safari day. ALL TRANSIFERS ONE NIGHT ON BB AT OUT POST LODGE
Not included: Tips for your driver-guide, soft drinks, alcohol or personal items,
Baloon safari 599 pp per flight
Int’l Flights and local flights Hot air balloon safari in Serengeti NP
Expenses of personal nature such as passport/border pass, travel/baggage insurance, laundry, beverages.
Visit to Maasai tribal village: US$30 per person.
Olduvai Museum entry: $36 per person